Thursday, October 18, 2007

With my hands, I can....

I watched a show which reminded me of something about me long ago, so it started off like this....

I was, young and vibrant (self praising?) . Naive and fresh out of primary school, I thought everything was possible, everything was attainable.

It was common to have that mindset since I was nurtured and brought up with fairy tales and happy-ending-stories every night. It was always "So they lived happily ever after" or "he finally succeeded" etc etc... And I always thought, when I grow up, I'll definitely achieve all my dreams!

Then one day, I was alone, sitting on a bench. The mild sunlight was dancing around the corner accompanied by the ever graceful soft wind. I closed my eyes, inhaled fresh air with the aroma of earth and rain.

It was like a dream, I was in trance.

I stretched my right hand up to the sky as if reaching out for something while I was admiring (more like feeling) the beauty of my surroundings. I lowered my right hand and put both of my hands onto my thigh.

As the sunlight danced around my hands, I looked at them and whispered to myself,
"Only with my hands I can do everything...
If I ever lose them, life will be nothing more than a shadow..."

(p.s.: I love making things with my hands. eg, drawing and stuff, as long as it is related to art)

Those words brought me back to my senses. It was fear that summoned me back to my consciousness.

Today, I have been trying hard to equip myself with as many skills as possible.
I joined miserable debate, became even more sociable... became one of the most talkative fellas around.... I changed so much from the shy, quiet girl I once was.

I did so much, just so to believe that there is more to life than just my pair of hands.

3 comments:

ihz said...

haha.. nice one, nice one. i hope tat i can find my true self too. btw, which show is tat?

zhansheng said...

eh, ur post need to think onli can understand wan ler... can write more simple ones or straight forwards ones ar?? =)

deTraveller said...

:) Honey and Clover II. It's nice. hehe~~